3x13 Killer App

« Older   Newer »
Addison88
view post Posted on 2/2/2011, 16:57

Lie To Me - Episode 3.13 - Killer App - Press Release

THE LIGHTMAN GROUP INVESTIGATES
THE DEATH OF THE FOUNDER OF A SOCIAL NETWORK
ON AN ALL-NEW “LIE TO ME” MONDAY, JANUARY 31, ON FOX

Foster’s former patient, one of the founders of a social-networking app, comes to the Lightman Group when she thinks she’s being squeezed out by her partner. When she turns up dead a short time later, Lightman fights against the prevailing evidence to expose the truth behind the murder in the all-new “Killer App” episode of LIE TO ME airing Monday, Jan. 31 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (LTM-313) (TV-14 D, L, V)

Cast: Tim Roth as Cal Lightman; Kelli Williams as Gillian Foster; Brendan Hines as Eli Loker; Monica Raymund as Ria Torres; Hayley McFarland as Emily Lightman

Guest Cast: Alexandra Lydon as Claire, Ashton Holmes as Zach, Brandon Jones as Liam, John Knox as Attorney, Michael B Jordan as Key, Paul James as Kyle, Monique Curnen as Wallowski and Kate Bond as Margo

Fox

TRADUZIONE

IL GRUPPO LIGHTMAN INVESTIGA SULLA MORTE DEL FONDATORE DI UN SOCIAL NETWORK

Una degli ex pazienti di Foster, una dei fondatori di un applicazione per social network, chiede aiuto al Lightman Group quando pensa che stia per essere fatta fuori dai suoi partner. Quando viene ritrovata morta, Lightman lotta contro quello che sembra evidente per tirar fuori la verità dietro l'omicidio.

Guest Cast: Alexandra Lydon nei panni di Claire, Ashton Holmes nei panni di Zach, Brandon Jones nei panni di Liam, John Knox nei panni di un procuratore, Michael B Jordan nei panni di Key, Paul James nei panni di Kyle, Monique Curnen nei panni di Wallowski e Kate Bond nei panni di Margo

via www.spoilerati.com/search/label/Lie...e#ixzz1BWBZsqPm

Episode 3×13 – “Killer App” – Promo Pics

credit: Spoiler Tv

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

imageimage

Lie to me "Killer App" 3x13 promo

Lie To Me 3.13 “Killer App” Review

Man, Ashton Holmes must be really bitter about being killed off Nikita, because now he’s turned the tables and knocking people off himself on the third-season (series?) finale of Lie To Me. Okay, I’m kidding about that first part, but he certainly plays bad so very well. In fact, he’s made Gillian cry. You do not make Gillian Foster cry.

Two days earlier, Cal is busy annoying the daylights out of Zach Morstein (Holmes), who’s one of the young wunderkinds behind a social networking program called SeekOut. He’s there to tell Zach that he knows all about his evil plan, thanks to Zach’s friend Claire (Alexandra Lydon, who’ll always be Jane Saunders on 24 to me), who’s asked for her former therapist Gillian’s help to find out if he’s trying to steal the company out from under her. Cal believes that Claire is hiding something herself, but he’s also busy messing with the head of a potential new hire named Key (Michael B. Jordan), by sending him to follow (you had to know this was coming) Emily’s boyfriend Liam. Yet before he can probe what’s up with Claire, Gillian finds her dying in her apartment, which is why she’s crying. This makes Cal go into a completely other gear. When things are personal for Gillian, they’re personal for him. He sets out on a mission to hold Zach responsible for everything he’s done.

As anyone who even half watches this show knows, once Cal Lightman has something in his grasp, he’s like a dog with a bone. He’s willing to do anything and everything he has to, including working with Zach’s other spurned friend Kyle, utilizing the help of Detective Wallowski (Monique Curnen), and practically stalking Zach along the way. It’s almost evilly delightful to see him and Gillian turn the screws, making the young geniuses flail and snarl at them and at each other. What’s happened and why is almost secondary to watching everyone’s actions and reactions. When Cal gets the piece of incriminating evidence he needs against Kyle, you almost want to say “Gotcha.”

“Killer App” is another of those Lie To Me episodes that’s not really a whodunit. It’s clear from the opening minutes that Zach is our bad guy to be hated and brought down, even if we don’t have all the pieces to prove that. That’s not the point. The point is in hating him so much that we enjoy seeing him get what he deserves. Ashton Holmes is a great fit in the “ruthless bastard” mold, looking disaffected while spitting venom, doing the job of making us want to smack him every time he starts talking. His attitude is a perfect counterpoint to Lightman’s own moments of ego, and it’s fun to see them lock horns throughout the episode. The real pleasant surprise for me, however, is that Gillian’s personal connection to the plot allows for Kelli Williams to once again show what she is capable of. Watching this, I’m wondering why she’s been the right hand woman in so many series (this, The Practice, Medical Investigation) but never gotten to lead one of her own. I think she could certainly do so.

Speaking of Gillian, the writers of Lie To Me, perhaps sensing this could be their last ep, also decide to go for broke and have Cal admit to Emily that he is in love with her. I’m not necessarily what you would call a “shipper,” but even I agree that it’s a smart move; the show’s been teasing that subplot for a long time, and it’s good that it’s not going to drag that out for as long as it can manage (unlike, say, Bones). Particularly with Jennifer Beals (the former Mrs. Lightman) now on The Chicago Code and therefore presumably out of the picture on this show awhile, this is the right move at the right time.

If this does turn out to be the series finale of Lie To Me, it’s a heck of a way to go out. If it’s not, then the show’s certainly kicked in the door to what’s going to be an interesting season four, if only because Cal just dropped a pretty big bombshell, and it seems like Key might be joining the team. Whatever it turns out to be, “Killer App” is an outstanding episode for the season, and for the show.

http://digitalairwaves.net/2011/01/31/lie-...ler-app-review/

LIE TO ME “Killer App” Review

LIE TO ME “Killer App” Season 3 Episode 13 – This season of Lie To Me has been sort of up and down for me. I went between being disappointed that they were getting rid of Agent Reynolds, to happy that they wouldn’t have to be tied down to just cases from the FBI, then to being happy that Reynolds leaving would mean that Eli would get a chance to do more on the show, only to be confused when he and Cal mysteriously fought for the first few episodes and then reconciled just as mysteriously. For all the episodes that I really enjoyed, there were at least a couple that I didn’t like much at all. So I went into this season finale not sure how I felt. Did I want to see another season? Frankly if it was anything like this one, probably not.

By the end of this episode though, I found myself really looking forward to a new season. First off, the strange Eli/Cal fighting thing (whatever the heck that was) is finally done and I think we’re left with a much better relationship between them now. Plus we’ve got some new blood in the group with the addition of Key, who looks like he’s going to challenge Cal just as much as Cal will challenge him.

It was the final few moments of the episode that really clinched it for me though, when Emily got Cal to admit that he was actually in love with Foster. I never thought I’d hear him say that, even if I have suspected it sometimes. Do I think he’ll declare this love at the beginning of next season? Nope. But it’s still going to add that much more to the show, watching how he deals with those feelings while still keeping up their current relationship.

My favorite bits…

Cal walking up to Foster covered in blood??

Cal declaring that sitting with his thumb up his bum for six minutes was five minutes too long. Wait, so that means that one minute is okay?

Foster telling Claire that she had tried to warn her about Cal. I’m thinking that no amount of warning can prepare one for a meeting with that man.

Torres point out to Foster that she was doing that thing that she hates when Cal does it – personal favors on company time. Ooh, ouch.

Cal saying he didn’t knock charity because at one time, that was all he had.

Laughing so hard at all the noises Emily was making when Liam was stretching her legs. She was SOO doing that on purpose to freak out her dad.

The super tender hug Cal gave Foster when he found her outside Claire’s place.

Feeling awful for Foster as she told her story to Wallowski. It was so hard listening to her barely stay in control as she did it.

Cal continuously going after Wallowski’s hearing.

Key asking Eli why people ask “can I help you” when they really mean “who the hell are you?” – huh, he’s got a good point there.

Cal’s story about his bastard father beating him even after promising he wouldn’t as long as he told the truth.

Cal pulling Wallowski onto his lap to demonstrate why the pic of Claire’s grandmother was face down on the table. That was great.

Wallowski telling Cal to inform Kyle that she had a warrant for his arrest, if he happened to see him. while Kyle was standing right there.

Foster shoving Zack around as she asked him about what happened when he stabbed her friend.

Them using Zack’s own network against him by uploading everything he said onto his profile. Oh boy.

Key telling Cal that Liam wasn’t like the two of them, as he was an upstanding citizen.

Being more than a little shocked when Cal showed up and told Zack that he was recommending he be sent to a mental institution because a prison would only take away his freedom, but the other place would take away his mind. Wow.. just, wow.

Cal trying so hard to hide his laughter when Emily admitted the reason she broke up with Liam.

Emily getting her dad to admit his feelings for Foster.

www.daemonstv.com/2011/01/31/lie-to-me-killer-app-review/

Lie to Me Review: "Killer App"

Wow. Where to start reviewing the Lie to Me season finale?

Overall, "Killer App" had so much in it that I want to talk about. I will start with my nod to Paul James, who played Kyle. I have really enjoyed him in Greek and it was great to see him in something else.

With that small item is out of the way, let’s move on to the main aspects of the installment.

Lightman’s new hire: Ria pulled the kid off the streets a few episodes ago and now it looks like she may have someone to take under her wing when the show returns, as there was a clear connection between Lightman and the young recruit. While I am sure our interview had nothing to do with the new character, it would be fun if it did.

Personal case for Gillian: Ria and Eli called her out on “doing that thing Lightman does” when they pointed out the case was a personal case on company time. However, unlike a lot of Lightman’s cases this one got very personal when Claire was murdered. Kelli Williams did such a great job with the tears in each scene. I really felt her pain. I really hope the Emmy voters watch this episode.

Wollowski's faith in Lightman: I have commented before how quickly Wollowski trusted Lightman, but when she was willing to walk away and not arrest Kyle, but left with “If you see him, tell him to turn himself in,” it showed me how completely she believes in him. Not many people trust Lightman that much.

Sex without having sex: Between Emily grunting when Liam was stretching her hamstrings to Wollowski and Lightman on the couch at the crime scene, I don’t think have ever seen this much sex without their being actual sex involved.

Lightman’s scariest dialogue ever: In what had to be the most powerful dialogue ever spoken by Lightman, he explained to Zach that prison would only take his freedom but that a mental hospital (and its pills) would take his mind, and that DR Foster would personal make sure of it. It struck home how much Lightman hated seeing Gillian in pain and the things Lightman was willing to do to help.

Lightman really loves Gillian: We have all known for a long time that there was something there but he actually said it out loud to Emily. While it may go back into the shadows, we can hope that now it’s been verbalized we will see more of it.

I was also happily surprised that they didn’t get into the debate about personal information on the Internet. I was really afraid they were going to when Lightman started his rant about “sifting through her laundry” when he first met Zach. Glad I was wrong.

Lastly, my inner-geek would not allow me to sleep if I didn’t mention the effect you might have noticed where the names popped up on his camera when he was walking around. It appears they were basing that on Augmented Reality software. Sadly, I don’t know much as much about AR as I would like (it is still very knew and growing), but I have seen enough that I recognized it as the basis for that gimmick in the show.

The Chicago Code takes over this time slot next week. Look for Lie to Me to return in the summer or the fall - and for TV Fanatic to follow it every step of the way.

www.tvfanatic.com/2011/02/lie-to-me-review-killer-app/

view post Posted on 8/6/2011, 07:16

Advanced Member
xxxxxx

Group:
Lightman Fan.

Buona questa ultima puntata; sono rimasto con un palmo di naso all'inizio dell'episodio quando ho visto Foster con le mani insanguinate :cry: ; alla fine Cal e co&. riescono a incastrarlo quello stron.etto che si credeva il re del mondo :rabbit%20(15).gif:! Cal fà seguire il ragazzo che esce con Emily da Key :D.
Emily dice a Cal se è innamorato di Gillian, lui risponde di sì e lei gli dice come mai non glielo ha mai detto? lui non sà rispondere a questa domanda, ma perchè :dog.gif: ?
Questa terza stagione (sufficiente) qualitativamente è stata al di sotto delle due stagioni precedenti che erano state davvero belle; comunque Lightman è stato uno dei personaggi più interessanti di questi ultimi anni e mi spiace che questo telefilm finisca si poteva fare un ultima stagione per salutare noi fan e far mettere assieme Cal e Gillian :tumblr_lbukysfbBW1qzeqyx.gif: .
Un grazie a tutto il cast :tumblr_lc3h3lJmR01qzeqyx.gif: !

1 replies since 2/2/2011, 16:52   448 views